Doing some reflecting after the horrific Orlando, Florida mass shooting last weekend and talking about George Orwell’s theory of nationalism, the process of othering, and how discourse frames our compassion.
- George Orwell, “Notes on Nationalism,” 1945 (http://orwell.ru/library/essays/natio…)
- Kenneth Roth, “A Case Against America,” New York Review of Books, June 9, 2016 (http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2016/…)
- Kate Gardiner, “Osama bin Laden Is Dead,” 2011, CC-BY-NC 2.0, (https://www.flickr.com/photos/ennuiis…)
- “America the Beautiful,” Wilding Pictures
- “Day in America,” U.S. Dept. of Defense, 1968
- Goto80 and the Uwe Schenk Band, “Ponky Fonky Ferret” (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Got…)
- Josh Woodward, “The Voices (Instrumental Version),” CC-BY (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Jos…)